Pin It

How to Become a Pilot for Private Jets | Flying Lessons

Create Cake Magic! Learn to make the cakes you’ve always dreamed of with online courses from CakeMade. http://bit.ly/1st0Roh

Watch more How to Fly a Plane videos: http://www.howcast.com/videos/452411-How-Much-Do-Pilots-Make-Flying-Lessons

Learn the requirements to become a corporate or charter pilot for private jets from pilot Josh Kallenberg in this Howcast video.

Hi, my name is Josh Kallenberg and I’m here at the Van Nuys Airport in Los Angeles, California. I’ve been flying professionally for about 13 years, and now I have the pleasure of flying this Gulfstream G450 which is a lot of fun and exciting. And today I’m going to talk to you about becoming a pilot. So you’ve decide you wanted to get into corporate charter or what they call flying private aircraft, private jets. You’re going to most likely start off in the right seat of some sort of smaller jet or turboprop aircraft with an individual company. And you’ll do this for a year or 2 before you would upgrade to their captain in that aircraft. Or you might move up as a co-pilot into a larger aircraft if they have other aircraft in the company. And just to differentiate, charter essential means people can rent out the airplane — where corporate aviation means you’re flying for an individual company. You don’t necessarily get airline benefits when you’re flying corporate or charter. But there are benefits such as you get hotel points and you get enough points that it usually allows you to go on a vacation about once a year or so with these points. And that’s assuming you actually want to travel anywhere at that point because you do it for a living! But once you are ready to upgrade, if you want to fly for a charter company as a captain they will require your ATP (airline transport pilot) certification, you need to be minimum 23 years of age, 1,500 hours of flight time. And if you have that you can be legally be a captain for a charter company.
How to Become a Pilot for Private Jets | Flying Lessons

25 Comments

1. BaiiBeeCraftiiz says:

1st!!

2. Samadhi Herath says:

thanks… i love flying.. and am studyign to become a pilot

3. jetlxix says:

@videogamenostalgia I think it would count πŸ™‚ Search YouTube for ‘Scottish
    Mile High Club’ Funny stuff.

4. keyzerhope says:

can the plane transform into a autobot

5. cecil914 says:

πŸ˜‰

9. pilot1328 says:

@ornx0004 Good Luck I am also taking flying lessons and its great πŸ™‚

10. johnello says:

@ornx0004 why iceland?

11. johnello says:

@pilot1328 help ,me become a pilot aswell?

12. strovrpwr says:

@FatJedi1892 F/O also. No one wants a pilot thats too young when they’re
    paying so much for a chartered flight

13. Brandon Kiefer says:

Makes it seem so easy. ONLY 1500 hours and all this could be yours

14. John Smith says:

If you value your quality of life at all and want to be a professional
    pilot join the air force or navy to rack up hours. I walked away with 5000+
    and didn’t have to live on scraps like a 95% of pilots do to get to this
    level. Just my. $.02. Oh and to the guy who asked if being a fighter pilot
    helps. The answer is no.. Crew experience is actually looked upon a little
    more favorable since that’s the kind of flying you’ll be doing
    corporate/charter/airlines so it doesn’t really matter.

15. rev4life03 says:

Not so easy today, demand is really low.

16. grantsypantsy100 says:

you have to be an airline transport pilot before you fly charter or
    corporate??????

17. TmannB206 says:

Age 23….1500 hrs TT= Captain ?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA……OH
    GOD !!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Sorry I cant stop
    laughing !!!

18. TmannB206 says:

You are so funny !!! Let me guess…You have miss treated by a old Captain
    that has a ego problem. Thats told you to sit there and just pull up the
    landing gear handle. If you have made it that far. My exp level in the
    aviation industry and taught me a lot in the regard of safety and I thank
    god every day that I have never been a situation like that, nor do I ever
    want to be. But as you comment like a child using the name Dbag LOL shows
    the lack of maturity in your professional and personal life

19. Kazuma Hanni says:

its a transformer! πŸ˜€ 0:09

20. hawker445 says:

yes. Airlines will take you over the the guy that went to a regular flight
    school

21. hawker445 says:

There are many ways to go at this. You can star now, but where ever you are
    from that is outsied the US, it will be VERY expensive. Airlines outside
    the US often have a training academy where you can do your training. You
    only hear of the guys that are well payed that are in their 40s. new guys
    in their late 20s often get around $25k. It’s not much Honestly, i think a
    schedule is a little more hectic with a corporate charter.

22. hawker445 says:

6500? That sounds like BS.

23. Thomas Mann says:

Its been a year since the last message, and look at the New regulations
    now. It is a req to now have 1500 hrs to even be considered for any
    position in the aviation world. You should know this by now. The corp world
    has now sky rocketed their mins for pilots. So I still stick to my last
    comment and you are right its not 6500… Its now 6941.2 as of last week. I
    try to tell ppl to flow their dream but the aviation industry right now is
    not worth the food stamps you live off of the first 5 years.

24. hawker445 says:

Not necessarily. It is more of ‘who you know’ I already have a potential
    position flying a PC12 after i flight instruct for a year. I am 19 right
    now and just starting CFI. But referring to the video, What i think he
    means is that if you were to fly charter/corporate you have to have 1500TT,
    age 23 to get the ATP MINIMUM in order to fly left seat. The ATP license is
    the key word. I am never going to go to the airlines.

25. Kurt Anfernee Barlizo says: